Walking the streets of Melbourne
It has been some time since I have been to Melbourne, in fact the last trip was with Sarah and Andrea right after Andrea met Greggles, I remember that because she kept bloody well calling him. :)
It was brilliant to be wearing clothes again, not that I have been naked of late, just that the majority of my clothes consist of boots, long skirts and jackets - appropriate wear for the UK summer.

I spent saturday down in St Kilda which was incredibly pretty with cafes, cake shops and funky boutiques on every corner. We then walked from St Kilda to Chapel street, got lost along the way and got directed by a lovely polish woman who walked most of the way with us.

One thing that has to be said for Australians, they all want to help you when you ask for directions (or maybe that's just melbourne). After the polish woman pointed us along a suburban street and said - straight straight, little corner , straight (in a thick polish accent) we kinda thought we should ask a couple of joggers which little corner she meant, the joggers actually stopped and gave directions, very unlike London.
Chapel street was wicked and besides the dumbest shop assistant ever asking us how she takes 60% off a dress, I have to say I was impressed.
Mick was probably most suitably impressed (NOT) that Caito and I decided to take him into a gay bar mid afternoon.
Below are some shots of the view from Mick and Carols lovely flat and some of the sites along the way.

It was brilliant to be wearing clothes again, not that I have been naked of late, just that the majority of my clothes consist of boots, long skirts and jackets - appropriate wear for the UK summer.

I spent saturday down in St Kilda which was incredibly pretty with cafes, cake shops and funky boutiques on every corner. We then walked from St Kilda to Chapel street, got lost along the way and got directed by a lovely polish woman who walked most of the way with us.

One thing that has to be said for Australians, they all want to help you when you ask for directions (or maybe that's just melbourne). After the polish woman pointed us along a suburban street and said - straight straight, little corner , straight (in a thick polish accent) we kinda thought we should ask a couple of joggers which little corner she meant, the joggers actually stopped and gave directions, very unlike London.
Chapel street was wicked and besides the dumbest shop assistant ever asking us how she takes 60% off a dress, I have to say I was impressed.
Mick was probably most suitably impressed (NOT) that Caito and I decided to take him into a gay bar mid afternoon.
Below are some shots of the view from Mick and Carols lovely flat and some of the sites along the way.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home