Happy Birthday Kailah

Recently (and I wont say how long ago, because it just shows how slack I have been), it was Kailah's birthday.. and even though I remembered to email her four days later with a fantastic poem, it was still a long time coming with this post..
I met Kailah in London, but it actually wasnt until she moved back to NY that we really started to communicate.
And then there was the wedding of Carol and Mick, which basically was only made possible thanks to the fact that I had Kailah, Marc and the daily candy diary at my disposal.
We have alot of fun together in NY checking out the latest restaurants that have opened or attending Madonnas 'confessions' tour at Madison Square Gardens.

And also in London

Taken at home house one sunday after yum cha, with Cath, Amy and Denise. Marc has just text to inform her about yet another celebrity in their restaurant 'Nolita House' (it was a clinton..)

And of course she has this amazing effect on men..whilst I get picked up by 'locals'
Kailah is mummy to the cutest pugs I have ever seen.. This is Penelope

and this is Frank.

We get along on so many levels, be it our love of wine (and food!), finding the best restaurants in Budapest (or any town), to searching for the greatest hotel deals around or be it shopping for the ridiculously priced scarf that miss sullivan just had to have.
Kailah has been my 'sister' in Capetown, a different type of 'sister' in chelsea and an all round guru of any of my latest schemes or dramas. We sometimes get into trouble (sorry marc) but her ability to bounce back from hangovers is outstanding and something I aspire to :) Their travel stories have even influenced the type of place I buy (yes its fully airconditioned guys, and has a sea view from your room).
Happy belated birthday babes, I cant wait for you both to come out here.
Love love Me xx
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home