Monday, February 12, 2007

While mgmt is away..

On thursday David left for Melbourne to help his sister Kellie move into her new place.

Whilst he was down there I looked after the place, invited the girls over, had dinner and basically chilled out.

I organised movers and cleaners for the new flat, and arranged the boxes in storage, went to basket ball (we lost by 1 shot), and helped Ally and Ricky.

Here is the view of my new flat from David's deck. (Top floor left hand side.)




I quite often think about life back home in London, and all the things I loved and missed

the way I could literally pop down stairs for a meal (where the produce travelled from the markets in Calais that very morning),

the way the girls would meet me every morning at the greatest gym in the world and recap the night before

the european foodie trips I used to do with the gang, because we could..

the way the concierge would give free meals out, just to get you to go to the opening of a hip new place 'for research purposes'

the way theatre tickets could be obtained that day from 'bargain' scalpers out the front, with no need to book flights or plan months in advance

the way you would go to waitrose in (shock horror) your uggs and trackies and be sure to spot one of the latest stars of OK magazine looking as if the they’ve just stepped off the cover of vogue - just because you didn’t make an effort that day.

or the way I could walk 11 minutes to visit my gorgeous tori for soup, corn and wine nights infront of one of the latest girly DVD's to name but a few

I know a lot of you back there are wondering what an earth I am doing, buying a place in a town where I swore I would never live again, and not doing the full time course in photography that I planned..

and I know a lot of you think that I should be committed when I made this decision, but in all honesty there are many good reasons for staying here, relationships and property aside, it's easy weekends like these ones that some times bring it home.

that and the fact that
I don’t think I will ever get sick of looking at the ocean
The Jet ski or boat can take you to a bay where not another person has walked that day, where you can lay naked (if desired) and just be
I get to see the family once a day if I want to, instead of once every six to 12 months
You can get anywhere in 5 minutes (seriously)
You can get a reservation pretty much anywhere - with 5 minutes notice - oh and they all know your name and what you eat / drink (theres not that wide of a selection)
People tend to be friendly - unless of course its too hot for anyone to even be civil (which it has been for two days)
When it rains - its still hot - and everything smells like gum trees or rainforest
The island is complete magic and 20 minutes away

And finally, I'm tired of being a nomad, tired of not having my things, and tired of asking people if I can or cannot do something..

Oh and I definitely don’t miss working two or three jobs to pay for the lifestyle we used to have!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home