Sunday, March 25, 2007

Attempting to be a Kell

Last night and today I cooked for Allys surprise party, which is one of the reasons that I havent been on line so much this week, I didnt want to spill the beans..

I arranged for 14 of mums closest girlfriends to arrive at my place at 230 for a Surprise high tea, Dad was going to drop her off at 245 and a lovely afternoon of cakes, champagne (thanks dad) and tea (kind of).

Friday night (after I picked up a certain someone from watermark) was spent cooking cakes and attempting to get each cake to look like the picture in the book..

Not one for making cakes - thats always been a kell thing - I decided to make 10 desserts - plus sandwiches and Tarts - ambitious I know - but my theory was that if one mucked up then it wouldnt actually matter as there would be several others to deflect.

and Tori and Aunty chel make it look SO easy I figured i couldnt possibly fail..

I'd planned the menu a week before, shopped in four different places for the ingredients and borrowed utensils and mix masters from Cathy and Eva. I also realised that even though it was a tea party, I had no tea, no teapot and no tea cups.. more coffee than brazil but no tea.

So four desserts in at midnight on Friday I decided to call it a day and get to bed, at 6am I was up again, cooking and shopping and arranging all.

David and Alan came by for a Jamie Oliver cooked breakfast - which was a welcome distraction - before the artwork started going up.

The morning was going well until it hit midday and I realised that they would be here in two hours and the mop - that I had got at that discount store - was actually turning my balcony blue instead of cleaning it.

Thankfully Mr Phillips - aka art work connoisseur - was on hand to mop, set the table and de-stress as much as he could.

Everyone arrived and I must say I was incredibly organised (for me), Dad called and said mum was on her way, mum arrived - excited that she was off to a movie and not wanting to come upstairs - after me making a weak excuse as to why it was necessary, she flew in the door and roared at me, all the whilst her friends said surprise!

Mum still didnt get it and said - 'but i'm going to the movies' whilst kabang suggested champas asap.

Finally after calming down, a truely enjoyable afternoon, with practically no tea, was had by all.

Unfortunately in my haste I didnt take any pictures, but here's a picture of my lovely new tea pot. Thanks Kabang!



xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home