The drive back
This entry was actually from the 4th of March but didn't get loaded, and as we are now going to be in Rocky for Easter - and most likely going to drive back, I thought I'd show you some snaps for you guys o/s who don't quite get how big this place is..
I was actually excited about driving back with David and the Fam after Christmas, being under the illusion that this would be like our European drive, but G rated.
Unfortunately I was under the impression that there would be slightly more towns to see, or that all those childhood memories of the Big Pineapple (no longer there), the Big Cow (highway re-routed) would come flooding back. oh we like things big in Australia but that's a whole other blog.
I was also under the impression that the roads would have improved. They haven't, they are still one lane, each way, with very little else.
I'm fortunate enough to fly down this time, but most likely will be driving back with David on Easter Monday.
4th March 2007
Driving Back from Rocky we both commented that we had never seen it oh so green for the whole 7 hour journey..

The country side is so different from the sweeping green fields of the UK

Just out side of Rocky, David thought he spotted a Police car in the distance, I took a snap and enlarged it (got bless digitals), and he was right - we were stuck behind for over two hours and some one was not very happy!

Cane fields as far as the eye can see
I was actually excited about driving back with David and the Fam after Christmas, being under the illusion that this would be like our European drive, but G rated.
Unfortunately I was under the impression that there would be slightly more towns to see, or that all those childhood memories of the Big Pineapple (no longer there), the Big Cow (highway re-routed) would come flooding back. oh we like things big in Australia but that's a whole other blog.
I was also under the impression that the roads would have improved. They haven't, they are still one lane, each way, with very little else.
I'm fortunate enough to fly down this time, but most likely will be driving back with David on Easter Monday.
4th March 2007
Driving Back from Rocky we both commented that we had never seen it oh so green for the whole 7 hour journey..

The country side is so different from the sweeping green fields of the UK

Just out side of Rocky, David thought he spotted a Police car in the distance, I took a snap and enlarged it (got bless digitals), and he was right - we were stuck behind for over two hours and some one was not very happy!

Cane fields as far as the eye can see
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home