what nic says is right...
I've been talking tonight with my lovely lovely lovely girlfriend and have been reminiscing over the old days in London. Looking at pictures of Jaret, Amelie, Katie, Adam, Pene and the gang who have all ended up back in Australia after a stint in London.
When I was first there, we all used to frequent Jaret's pub in London and on a Friday night I would swear there were more aussies there than locals. Strangers would ask if there was anyone left in Townsville.
The guys would try to figure out how to make the next deal, the girls would try to figure out how to get the next glass of Bollinger and Adam would be trying to arrange the next retro party before his last tube home.
Newcomers' would be teased with the conversion rate (that beer is costing you 12 aussie) and stories would flow - we've all got stories, the one of when David and I met is one of my favourites, along with how he inadvertently text the ex in an attempt to get my number - but that’s another blog all together.
Nick said one night after several bottles of bolly, that it doesn't matter where you are, its the friends you're with that matter and make the memories and he's actually right.
The friends you meet and gravitate towards don’t necessarily have the same back ground or even the same values, but essentially the friends that you keep hold of are often the ones that you can just fall back into the groove within minutes of a conversation.
Amelie surprised me one time by driving down from Cairns to see me for one night only, after we hadn't seen each other for four years, but it was like it was yesterday that I was at her farewell in London. I spoke to Jaana last night and Susan skyped today, and it’s the same the world over.
With the likes of Kepper and Lisa migrating back, Sally getting her papers in order for the imminent move, Jaana heading out for a holiday, Laurie on the doorstep and Susan coming out to live, the sleepy little town that we all left all those years ago is looking up.
When I was first there, we all used to frequent Jaret's pub in London and on a Friday night I would swear there were more aussies there than locals. Strangers would ask if there was anyone left in Townsville.
The guys would try to figure out how to make the next deal, the girls would try to figure out how to get the next glass of Bollinger and Adam would be trying to arrange the next retro party before his last tube home.
Newcomers' would be teased with the conversion rate (that beer is costing you 12 aussie) and stories would flow - we've all got stories, the one of when David and I met is one of my favourites, along with how he inadvertently text the ex in an attempt to get my number - but that’s another blog all together.
Nick said one night after several bottles of bolly, that it doesn't matter where you are, its the friends you're with that matter and make the memories and he's actually right.
The friends you meet and gravitate towards don’t necessarily have the same back ground or even the same values, but essentially the friends that you keep hold of are often the ones that you can just fall back into the groove within minutes of a conversation.
Amelie surprised me one time by driving down from Cairns to see me for one night only, after we hadn't seen each other for four years, but it was like it was yesterday that I was at her farewell in London. I spoke to Jaana last night and Susan skyped today, and it’s the same the world over.
With the likes of Kepper and Lisa migrating back, Sally getting her papers in order for the imminent move, Jaana heading out for a holiday, Laurie on the doorstep and Susan coming out to live, the sleepy little town that we all left all those years ago is looking up.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home