the social side
Thursday night was the seventh straight night out called for an event for a friend and his company.
I had a fantastic night - the food at C'est Si Bon was completely divine, if you ever get a chance - ask for the Tom yum goong - Jimale does a wicked job. The Ex was there and it was civil affair for once, which was good. I spent the majority of time mingling before heading out to dinner with a crew.
Friday night was a farewell at Heritage and for all my good intentions, by the time I spoke with Jill and Katie at 515 I was on homeward leg. We finished up having a couple of nice bottles of wine and settling in for an easy night.
This morning (being the day I wanted to sleep in) I received a phone call from the old grey guy who was reeling after the previous nights encounter.
So for the record - I don't jump into the arms of every man I meet, am completely happy with who I am and what I do and build friendships instead of relationships, probably why I have so many good male friends.
In fact I had a strictly phone relationship with the Ex for two and a half months before we went all over Europe together and its probably why we were so strong in the beginning. Talking on a phone for five hours a day does mean you get to learn alot about people - flaws and all and you have to learn to accept them or not.
And anyway this town is far too small to go jumping in and out of bed with people, or go psycho - thats the first thing people should be taught on arrival.
I had a fantastic night - the food at C'est Si Bon was completely divine, if you ever get a chance - ask for the Tom yum goong - Jimale does a wicked job. The Ex was there and it was civil affair for once, which was good. I spent the majority of time mingling before heading out to dinner with a crew.
Friday night was a farewell at Heritage and for all my good intentions, by the time I spoke with Jill and Katie at 515 I was on homeward leg. We finished up having a couple of nice bottles of wine and settling in for an easy night.
This morning (being the day I wanted to sleep in) I received a phone call from the old grey guy who was reeling after the previous nights encounter.
So for the record - I don't jump into the arms of every man I meet, am completely happy with who I am and what I do and build friendships instead of relationships, probably why I have so many good male friends.
In fact I had a strictly phone relationship with the Ex for two and a half months before we went all over Europe together and its probably why we were so strong in the beginning. Talking on a phone for five hours a day does mean you get to learn alot about people - flaws and all and you have to learn to accept them or not.
And anyway this town is far too small to go jumping in and out of bed with people, or go psycho - thats the first thing people should be taught on arrival.
1 Comments:
Ouch! Somehow your advice always finds its place treasure. I like that. SF
Post a Comment
<< Home