Thursday, September 06, 2007

Nags and Colts



Over the past couple of days I've had some very amusing phone calls about the title of this blog and the contents - it may change very soon, seeing as readership is growing and certain people think I should actually start publishing.

But today's post title is nothing to do with the blog but about my lovely life at present. Lisa asked me today why I was smiling so much and it has to be that life is good - whilst the past couple of boyfriends have ranged in age from being older than me by 8 to 15 years (older I repeat older than me), these days I'm hanging out with people much more my age - or younger - and the difference is amazing - chilled, healthy, environmental, cultured and fun are just some of the words I think of. Its also nice being with people that don’t give a rats about your name or family.

So life in the big house is good, I'm thinking mainly because of the strong friendship group we had back in London town - all sisters, doing it for ourselves - as the great one says.. I'm taking a leaf out of my preaching book (you know the one I didn't listen to when he cheated the first time) and saying that in order to start a new relationship you need to actually know and like yourself and your life.

I am definitely unlike some who cant be alone for more than a couple of weeks and we all know that!!

So I'm posting something philosophical that pretty much sums up life now - something that I got way back when I was making the decision to end it with the Ex - it's from Charles almost five months ago - and whilst I wont post it all - when I told Ally and Tor they were actually impressed (a hard feat with those two!!)

'the only way you could be drawn to Aust was the chance for photography school and the Ex was the added bonus, something else to ease the transition, but that was not your path in life. Now you have got rid of the toe rag, your path begins but his aim in life was to get you there, (now that’s done its over). So now you have to reach for the reason you are there and your destiny .... (omission)
but it was definitely for a reason as when you were here you were sure you would never go back.
It then goes on to talk about what he thinks my destiny will be and ends with
'the painful thing is that path takes so long to finish and make you happy. No Shortcuts.'

Life is good and he's right - I've gotten straight A's from San Fran Academy of Arts and am heading to be a Magna cum Laude or hopefully Summa cum laude

See you soon Mr C.. and girls I am SO excited about the trip.. less than 27 sleeps!!
xxxx

1 Comments:

Blogger Tori and Simon said...

Hurry up and get over here already! The drinks are on the bar, the men are all hillarious, and there's a table top just waiting for you to strut your stuff on!

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home