Paul Kelly
Last night I was taken to Paul Kelly at the civic theatre.
Now you all know I love music, especially live music, and I will listen to anything and try anything once (music wise) but last night will have to go down as an experience.
The tickets were complimentary and the show, overall was good, my friend didnt have a clue about who he was either so I am not in any way insulting him here.. infact I think he wanted to leave during the support act as well.
This girl came on (no names) and she was seriously not that good. Think wouldnt even make it into the idol top 100. Maybe she was good and it was the wrong setting but I so wasnt getting the CD to find out.
After half time Paul Kelly came on and played 4 straight songs from his new album, the first was good, second religious, third about adam and eve (do you get where I am going here). By the time he finished the fourth song he introduced himself and said he would be playing all 11 songs from his new album and without alot of interaction basically got on with the show.
Now I was actually almost dozing off (big week and all) when he came out singing this number. (now mother these are actually the lyrics so dont get mad)
I'm gonna to fuck that girl right out of my head
I'm gonna to jump from bed to bed
(he then lists some names of which I just started crying with tears of laughter but I wont list them as its a no no)
I'm going to drink this town dry..
the funniest thing was the names and then the fact that the whole bed sung
"gonna f*** her out of my head"
I turned to my friend with astonishment and went ok .. all the time thinking 'so this is how it goes in the male mentality.. hmm'
He finished with a couple of his old songs which we both knew and liked - couldnt rename them for you now but they are the ones you listen to overseas and in pubs - and can happen to sing along to.
We left before the encore and crashed as it was so so late by this stage, but both agreed if he had played some of the old stuff after the diabolical first singer then perhaps we would have been more attentive to his new album. (in our humble opinion!)
Now you all know I love music, especially live music, and I will listen to anything and try anything once (music wise) but last night will have to go down as an experience.
The tickets were complimentary and the show, overall was good, my friend didnt have a clue about who he was either so I am not in any way insulting him here.. infact I think he wanted to leave during the support act as well.
This girl came on (no names) and she was seriously not that good. Think wouldnt even make it into the idol top 100. Maybe she was good and it was the wrong setting but I so wasnt getting the CD to find out.
After half time Paul Kelly came on and played 4 straight songs from his new album, the first was good, second religious, third about adam and eve (do you get where I am going here). By the time he finished the fourth song he introduced himself and said he would be playing all 11 songs from his new album and without alot of interaction basically got on with the show.
Now I was actually almost dozing off (big week and all) when he came out singing this number. (now mother these are actually the lyrics so dont get mad)
I'm gonna to fuck that girl right out of my head
I'm gonna to jump from bed to bed
(he then lists some names of which I just started crying with tears of laughter but I wont list them as its a no no)
I'm going to drink this town dry..
the funniest thing was the names and then the fact that the whole bed sung
"gonna f*** her out of my head"
I turned to my friend with astonishment and went ok .. all the time thinking 'so this is how it goes in the male mentality.. hmm'
He finished with a couple of his old songs which we both knew and liked - couldnt rename them for you now but they are the ones you listen to overseas and in pubs - and can happen to sing along to.
We left before the encore and crashed as it was so so late by this stage, but both agreed if he had played some of the old stuff after the diabolical first singer then perhaps we would have been more attentive to his new album. (in our humble opinion!)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home