Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Longest Day

Today was one of the longest days of my life - almost double what it should be and I actually wasnt looking forward to it but it turned out to be of the best.

I was woken by my nephew, and hit a three hour queue at the airport, I was lucky enough to get two extra seats but right after take off they decided to move the biggest man came along and sat next to me (due to some having heart issues - I mean come on!!).. I almost cried, but was easily cheered up by a glass of Vintage moet from first class. I was then even more impressed when a Steward came and moved me up the front.

Business class. Now thats the way to travel!

I watched No reservations and laughed my way through a heap of will and grace and the gay boys on the flight

I arrived in San Francisco and caught a cab in to 'surprise' tor.. the cab driver was absolutely hilarious as when the green card topic came up, I actually laughed my ass off when he said offered to marry me so I could stay here. Yes he got a tip.

Simon Tor and lovely James (another london AKQA recruit who has just moved to San Fran) went to Lunch before Tor brought me home.

I spent the afternoon at my Uni, speaking to my 'life success coach' - you all get one, admissions officer and the assistant director of photography. I took a tour of the school and learnt that there are 11000 students - 1800 in photography alone. 350 in my last course so was really impressed when the director actually knew who I was.

They own 34 buildings in SF - almost the whole of New Montgomery Street and the digital lab is so advanced they have even painted the walls 18 % grey, recalibrate monitors and printers weekly, keep light and heat at the perfect situ and have the largest monitors.

The exhibition they have on at present is awesome and after about three hours Tor came and picked me up for the trip home.

An excellent dinner (thanks simon) followed by the citizen cake birthday cake which I delivered to Miss Tori today.

Here are the pictures from the dinner









The cake



Simon and James




Its hot and sunny here and so I am about to get out and hit the shops!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home