Thursday, October 04, 2007

shopping and canteen

A great great day, in which I got back to civilisation and got a camera serviced in a day instead of a week by slipping the guy a little extra tip.. god bless America!!

After getting my new camera sorted (thanks to the award) - no memory stick in the pack and a new lens filter (yippee!) I set off to clothes shop.

There's a very funny story of tor calling me on my American mobile and thinking that when I excitedly said I had been in ZARA for an hour that I had been in a bar for an hour - obvious mistake..
(you know me that's ALOT of time and ALOT of outfits and I was so proud I'd actually made four trips to the change room) ..
the story gets funnier as Tor tries to find out what bar
Me: near Union square
tor - where? (thinking there are hundreds of bars Jacqui)
Me - near niketown
tor - I'm coming to get you, walk outside
Me - I need another 20 mins
Tor - what?? (what the heck is she drinking)
after I actually said Z A R A we both laughed - and it was probably more funny to me - I spent a fortune and made her come and be judge of a couple of outfits

here beautiful Tor is wandering the shops looking seriously like shes attempting to shop lift something as there is no sign of pregnancy from behind..





After lunch at Slanted Door, YUM YUM YUM YUM - we saw the Navy fighter planes practising for fleet week.





We then went to Canteen - one of the greatest restaurants in San Fran which seats about 23 - in three sittings - it was fantastic and I was completely spoiled.

Oh and I am marrying the chef!







After dinner we went to an Academy of Art exhibition (loving the open late thing!) in which I was wondering how an earth these prints got 350 each with most of them being sold.. oh well



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home