Sunday, December 16, 2007

Favourite read of late

Its been a while since I have been able to actually sit down and concentrate on anything other than fluff when travelling or study every other moment but whilst in transit I found a book that I had heard of and wanted to read. Am so in love with this book that it's in the Christmas stockings.

Besides the fact that the message is one which resonates finding happiness within yourself - it also talks alot about travel and, although you don't have to travel to actually find what you need (or so I am learning) I think it's a great read for all.

Theres a section that touched me

'It was in a bath tub back in NY, reading Italian words aloud from a dictionary, that I first started mending my soul. My life had gone to bits and I was so unrecognizable to myself that I probably couldn't have picked me out of a police line up. But I felt a glimmer of happiness when I started studying Italian, and when you sense a faint potentiality for happiness after such dark times you must grab onto the ankles of that happiness and not let go until it drags you face-first out of the dirt - this is not selfishness but obligation.'

Enjoy the book girls

Love you xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home