Wednesday, February 06, 2008

its about the journey, not the destination



We all know that I love to travel, and frankly (as long as you are organised and as keen as I am to see everything) then I think that i'm a pretty decent travelling companion (modest I know).

However its rare (not since the como girls, my cousin or Jaana) that I find some one so similar to myself to travel with, there was no real time constraint. We stopped for photographs, sung, danced, talked and turned the car around for the ultimate shot and took 2 hours to drive an hour distance.

I love not stressing about what time we get there.

We spent a serious amount of time at Palm Cove because it is just Oh so Beautiful and then drove north, stopping at every possible spot to photograph whilst the light was good.

We came across a horrific car accident, which delayed us a further 40 mins on top of this, but just chilled in the car, sleeping and singing our little hearts out whilst checking out the scrummy young police man.




The trip to cape trib took 1/2 an hour on the return yet 1.5 hours to get there.

The funniest thing is how we wake at 5am (yes even Honduras), check the light and head back to bed if it isnt any good. If you knew Honduras, you'd know that any action BEFORE ten am is amazing.




The road trip part of the trip was probably the most enjoyable with constant singing and dancing. Honduras tried desperately to immitate a sound I make right as I start to sing (which I really cant describe but Honduras is threatening to film and place on her blog, not encouraging that one). All the while I attempted to get her 'stoopid is as stoopid does' accent down. Neither of us really succeeded but it was pretty funny trying.

Being both in love with photography it also meant that our conversations were some what boring to the naive but some what educational for me.

Honduras (being the leader, master and commander) had far more intellectual conversations going on..
You travelling to India with all that glass?, what insurance do you have? how much is that lens? Why the L lens?

Whilst I ran with the standard..
Damn - fogot my polariser, Grrr my ISO is firetrucked (or sticking as the master was able to fix it in two seconds), Argghh I need a new camera, this one is S&^%fitting.

We switched out glass, compared favourites and caught up on everything that had ever happened in our lives.. or at least the first installment.




All in all it was way too brief but boy did we have fun.

Pictures can be seen here in the next couple of days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home