Funnies
A couple of things have happened in the last week that have really made me smile and laugh out loud.
Ten years ago late at night drinking in the Hotel Eurotel Neuchatel we were all singing along to the latest Oasis song (wonderwall) which my gorgeous little yanky was playing on his 'gui-taa' (yes it needs to be pronounced like that). The later it got, the drunker we all got, and the numbers started to dwindle.. in the end there were a handful of guys left and me all drinking vodka (shock horror).
this song was sung and I've always loved it - because of that evening
'before I met you, I was feelin down
before I met you, I wore a frown
before I met you, I was feelin down
But you changed my life girl
& I'll tell you how
now i'm down right suicidal..
it goes on for another two or so verses and was played this evening whilst watching the Comedy Gala Festival and I almost 'pee-d my pants' (spoken in true Honduran form).
A new arrival in the ville had a very amusing conversation with a the ex over Easter (YES the place really is that small) who was complaining that there were no women in the town - So the new arrival suggested that he set him up with this fabulously amazing, strikingly gorgeous, hilarious and talented girl - namely me.. apparently it didnt go down so well when my name was revealed .. :)
Ten years ago late at night drinking in the Hotel Eurotel Neuchatel we were all singing along to the latest Oasis song (wonderwall) which my gorgeous little yanky was playing on his 'gui-taa' (yes it needs to be pronounced like that). The later it got, the drunker we all got, and the numbers started to dwindle.. in the end there were a handful of guys left and me all drinking vodka (shock horror).
this song was sung and I've always loved it - because of that evening
'before I met you, I was feelin down
before I met you, I wore a frown
before I met you, I was feelin down
But you changed my life girl
& I'll tell you how
now i'm down right suicidal..
it goes on for another two or so verses and was played this evening whilst watching the Comedy Gala Festival and I almost 'pee-d my pants' (spoken in true Honduran form).
A new arrival in the ville had a very amusing conversation with a the ex over Easter (YES the place really is that small) who was complaining that there were no women in the town - So the new arrival suggested that he set him up with this fabulously amazing, strikingly gorgeous, hilarious and talented girl - namely me.. apparently it didnt go down so well when my name was revealed .. :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home