Heads really do wobble..
Some of the little things I love (and love not so much) about India.. (obviously not being posted on the other blog)
One of the first things I noticed in India is the caste system. I'd just arrived off a Singapore airlines flight where I was one of three Caucasians and was waiting for my bag when I noticed this family of four ordering around another Indian. When I say ordering I mean although I didn't understand the conversation, the tone and body language from the dominant higher caste male, really put me on edge.
I love the way when you ask a question they say ok ma'am but whilst saying this they are actually shaking their head in the negative... it makes us want to laugh out loud or imitate, which of course we cant do either of..
Men here hold hands.. and wrap their arms around each other.. and not in a gay way but in a friendship way. Its incredibly strange because you never see couples holding hands or even girls. Just boys. and men.
The music videos (yes we've seen alot of them) - in the music videos here they have alot flirtatious / sexy dancing whilst wearing skimpy clothing whilst in real life we haven't seen one woman wearing western clothing and there is NO dancing or physical contact anywhere - other than man to man.
One of the first things I noticed in India is the caste system. I'd just arrived off a Singapore airlines flight where I was one of three Caucasians and was waiting for my bag when I noticed this family of four ordering around another Indian. When I say ordering I mean although I didn't understand the conversation, the tone and body language from the dominant higher caste male, really put me on edge.
I love the way when you ask a question they say ok ma'am but whilst saying this they are actually shaking their head in the negative... it makes us want to laugh out loud or imitate, which of course we cant do either of..
Men here hold hands.. and wrap their arms around each other.. and not in a gay way but in a friendship way. Its incredibly strange because you never see couples holding hands or even girls. Just boys. and men.
The music videos (yes we've seen alot of them) - in the music videos here they have alot flirtatious / sexy dancing whilst wearing skimpy clothing whilst in real life we haven't seen one woman wearing western clothing and there is NO dancing or physical contact anywhere - other than man to man.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home